Today in 1915, blues musician, record producer, and songwriter Willie Dixon was born in Vicksburg, Mississippi, now a well-known location on the so-called Blues Trail. A Grammy Award-winner, Dixon was one of the founders of the influential Chicago blues sound. (Check this out, a clip from 1966.) Additionally, he was a prolific songwriter (“Little Red Rooster,” “Hoochie Coochie Man,” “Wang Dang Doodle” and much more). Dixon died in 1992.
- @SignsOfKelani it would be great to see Medivh! 2 weeks ago
- I just earned the 'Verified Adventure (Level 32)' badge on @untappd! untp.beer/s/b724249517 3 weeks ago
- I just earned the 'I Believe in IPA! (Level 45)' badge on @untappd! untp.beer/s/b724224961 #ibelieveinIPA 3 weeks ago
- I just earned the 'Middle of the Road (Level 56)' badge on @untappd! untp.beer/s/b724224960 3 weeks ago
- I just earned the 'Photogenic Brew (Level 73)' badge on @untappd! untp.beer/s/b719899548 1 month ago