Today in 1915, blues musician, record producer, and songwriter Willie Dixon was born in Vicksburg, Mississippi, now a well-known location on the so-called Blues Trail. A Grammy Award-winner, Dixon was one of the founders of the influential Chicago blues sound. (Check this out, a clip from 1966.) Additionally, he was a prolific songwriter (“Little Red Rooster,” “Hoochie Coochie Man,” “Wang Dang Doodle” and much more). Dixon died in 1992.
- I just earned the 'Beyond a Shadow of a Stout' badge on @untappd! untp.beer/s/b794584409 2 months ago
- I just earned the 'Cheers to Independent U.S. Craft Breweries (Level 48)' badge on @untappd! untp.beer/s/b794584408 2 months ago
- I just earned the 'Brewery Pioneer (Level 32)' badge on @untappd! untp.beer/s/b778319595 3 months ago
- I just earned the 'Bottles Up' badge on @untappd! untp.beer/s/b774616029 #ChooseGlass 3 months ago
- I just earned the 'Middle of the Road (Level 58)' badge on @untappd! untp.beer/s/b774582036 3 months ago